DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR SOMETHING MORE by Sarah Ban Breathnach
1) What was your overall opinion of the book?
2) What was your biggest takeaway from the book?
3) What do you think Ban Breathnach means by “the reimbodiment of your Self?” (p.9.4)
4) What tools do you (or would you) use to “make a conscious choice every day to shed the old?” (p.37.2)
5) What do you think about the idea of everyday tiny changes vs. big, sweeping ones? Do you focus on tiny changes? (p.40.2)
6) How connected do you feel to your “authentic sense of self?” (p.53.3)
7) What do you think is the role of “Divine Discontent?” (p.54.2)
8) On p.57.4, Ban Breathnach writes, “Regret is the only wound from which the soul never recovers.” Do you agree or disagree? How can we live without regrets?
9) What is your bliss? What activity makes you glow, makes the hours slip away, makes you lose track of time? (p.108.4)
10) On p.130.5, Ban Breathnach writes, “Just because you failed at a relationship doesn’t mean it was a failure.” Do you agree or disagree? If you agree, why?
11) Have you found your passion? Do you give “outward expression” in little ways every day? (p.149.3) Are you true to your passion? (p.323.6)
12) On p.161.2, Ban Breathnach quotes poet Audre Lorde who writes, “I realize that if I wait until I am no longer afraid to act, write, speak, be, I’ll be sending messages on a Ouija board, cryptic complaints from the other side.” Do you have something in your life you feel this way about?
13) What are a few things that would be on your “wish list” to repot yourself? (p.168.3)
14) What did you think of Bernstein’s idea of shifting from “body identification” to “spirit identification?” (p.121.2)
15) Do you pray out of “distress and in your need” or “in the fullness of your joy and in your days of abundance?” (p.192.2)
16) When you’re frustrated, do you look for the clue embedded in it? (p.206.3)
17) What do you dream of doing one day? (p.217.1)
18) On p.233.1, Ban Breathnach writes, “Each day, in small ways, I come home to my Authentic Self.” How do you come home to your Authentic Self?
19) How to you define comfort? (p.267.5)
20) On p.275.1, Ban Breathnach writes, “Holy hints of our true identity are encoded in everything that surrounds us; everything that triggers our desire for Something More.” Do you notice these “holy hints?”
21) How would you define a good relationship? What elements does it include? (p.300.3)