Discussion questions for The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton
Note: Page numbers refer to the original hardcover edition of the book.
1) The author writes, “Signal transduction science recognizes that the fate and behavior of an organism is directly linked to its perception of the environment” (p.xv.). What perceptions do you have about your environment, and how do they affect your life?
2) On p.10, Lipton talks about how “the distribution of the workload among the members of the community” significantly increases an organism’s efficiency and its ability to survive. How do you think this translates to a spiritual community?
3) On p.17, Lipton writes, “...so many of use are leading limited lives not because we have to but because we think we have to.” What are the limitations you have placed on yourself in your own life?
4) What role do you think heredity plays in your health? (p.20, pp.63-64)
5) Lipton wrote on p.95 that he began actively monitoring where he was expending his brain’s energy because he learned that thoughts directly influence how the physical brain controls the body’s physiology. Are you mindful of how you are expending your brain’s energy?
6) How are you operating in “protection mode” in your life? (p.116)
7) On p.121, Lipton writes, “Almost every major illness that people acquire has been linked to chronic stress.” What do you do to reduce and/or eliminate stress in your life?
8) Lipton writes that the best growth promoter is love (p.151). What do you think about this?
9) Lipton writes, on p.162, “Because the environment represents ‘All That Is’ (God) and our self-receptor antennas download only a narrow band of the whole spectrum, we all represent a small part of the whole...a small part of God.” Do you think it’s possible to increase how much we download? If so, how?
10) On p.164, Lipton writes about “the return of White Light to the planet.” What does he say is necessary for this to happen?
11) What does Lipton say is the only ethic that will ensure a healthy personal life and a healthy planet? (p.171)
If you would like to attend this book discussion, please fill out the "Contact Us" form on this website so we know where to send the Zoom information.
Copyright © 2023 New Thought New York Center for Spiritual Living - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder